10 Tips for Reducing Stress
Everyone can benefit from applying some stress reducing techniques to their daily life. Stress will show in your skin, as well as your overall health.
Here are some suggestions for reducing stress:
1. Plan out your day and try not to do too many tasks in too little time. Being late for an appointment is a big stress producer for most people.
2. Catch yourself when you feel frustrated, angry, or irritated. Take a moment to reflect on the positive things in life and be thankful for them. Choose to be calm.
3. Ask for help when you need it. Turn to a friend, family, or organization where you can access new skills and knowledge. Most people are happy to help.
4. Don’t over fill your plate. Too many responsibilities can stress you out from the moment you get out of bed in the morning. Delegate, take some shortcuts, and forgive yourself for only being human.
5. Try mini-relaxation sessions. Call it a power nap, mid-day meditation, or just a time-out. Whatever you call it, give yourself a short break in the day to recharge.
6. Exercise to increase serotonin levels. No need to take extra time out of your day for a workout routine, simply park farther away, sprint up stairs, do some knee bends at the water cooler, or dance when you hear your favorite song.
7. Force yourself to be optimistic. Watch funny videos, make a list of things your are grateful for, read a funny book, or whatever makes you laugh.
8. Clear your conscience. If you have something on your mind and you need to unleash on someone, get it out. If conflict is not your thing, get some professional help on dealing with issues.
9. Treat yourself right. Eat right, take part in inspiring activities, and focus on your life-long goals.
10. Connect with people. Exchange pleasantries with someone at the store, or call a friend. Volunteering is a great way to connect with people and feel good.