Using Honey on Skin
Honey is sweet, but there is another reason to love honey! It is a natural skin product that has many advantages. The antibacterial properties and antioxidants can produce a glowing result. Clearing out the bacteria from pores can reduce acne. Providing the skin with a boost of antioxidants can reduce cell damage and slow the appearance of aging. Honey is more than just a sweet treat!
Here are 5 ways to use honey on your skin:
1. Mask – Apply raw honey to damp skin using a circular motion. Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse with warm water. You will be left with soft, glowing skin.
2. Spot Treatment – Treat a blemish overnight with a dab of honey to help it heal faster.
3. Cleanser – Honey, mixed with your favorite plant oil, can make a makeup-dissolving cleanser that will leave your skin moisturized and vibrant.
4. Exfoliate – Combine two parts honey with one part baking soda for a soothing, exfoliating mixture. Cleans your skin, head to toe, as a soothing body scrub.
5. Bath – Treat yourself to a warm bath with honey. Start with 2 cups honey and soak for 15 minutes. Add a cup of baking soda to exfoliate, and then rinse. You will feel like new!