Post Menopausal Skin Care Tips from Achieve Beautiful Skin
If you are a woman over the age of 50, you have probably experienced a lot in your life. You may have survived raising kids, may have some grandkids, probably have dealt with a husband or two, and you have a good sense of who you are. You have reached the best years of your life. So, here are some post-menopausal skin care tips to keep you feeling fresh, radiant and beautiful no matter what your hormones are doing:
- Wear sunscreen every day – UV rays cause the skin to wrinkle, can create dark spots, and increases your chances to get skin cancer. You probably already see your skin aging by age 50, so why not simply apply sunscreen each morning to slow the process down tremendously?
- Moisturize regularly – Dry skin is wrinkly skin. Morning and evening moisturizing will make a huge difference in the rate of wrinkling. Be diligent about your routine.
- Get skin cancer exams – Let’s face it, you are getting older and the environment has taken a toll on your skin, whether you can see it or not. See a dermatologist and have a regular yearly check for skin cancer. You may be very glad you did.
- Get enough sleep – Your overall health will show up on your skin. Getting your beauty rest is important if you want to stay beautiful.
- Use natural products – Skin can be over sensitive if you are going through or have gone through hormone changes. You may even experience some acne, dry patches, oily patches, or a red flush color to your cheeks. These are all signs from your hormones that you need to use mild, natural products.
- Exfoliate Gently – Exfoliating is a great way to get rid of the dead skin cells that may not be shedding as quickly as they used to. It will also stimulate blood flow and bring a natural glow to your skin. Use gentle, natural products and don’t be to rough. Exfoliating can be as simple as adding baking soda to your cleanser or using a mild fruit mask.
- Drink water – Moisturizing from the inside is just as important as moisturizing from the outside. In fact, it is most important to your overall health to get enough fluid in your daily diet. Don’t forget to drink a lot of water!
- Don’t smoke – If you are a smoker over 50, please do not think it is too late to quit. It is never too late. You probably have noticed smokers look older than someone of the same age who is a non-smoker. The proof is all over, so just quit!
- See a professional about any ongoing problems – There are many causes for skin problems. Let a professional take a look and give you advice on treatment. It may be a simple fix!