Lip Care in Central Florida
Lip care is especially important in the dry winter months in Central Florida. Soft lips are a feature that every woman can be proud of. They are one of women’s greatest assets.
Lips are made of the thinnest skin on our body. They do not have the oil glands that the rest of your face has, so it is important to moisturize them properly. Failing to moisturize your lips, especially when the weather has low humidity, can lead to dry, chapped, cracked and even bleeding lips. Find a product that works for your lip care and moisturize your lips several times throughout the day. You will keep those luscious lips moist and beautiful all winter long!
There are many products on the market that claim to be healthy for your lips. This is not always an accurate claim, so beware of certain ingredients.
Lip Care Ingredients to avoid applying to your lips include:
- Alcohols in any form – dry the skin and can cause irritation
- Chemical preservatives – can lead to contact dermatitis
- Petroleum and mineral oils – can provide temporary relief, but prevent moisture from entering the skin
- Lanolin – is known to absorb contaminants and may cause allergic reaction
Lip Care Ingredients that promote healthy, moist lips include:
- Aloe Vera – naturally soothing, moisturizing with anti-bacterial/anti-inflammatory properties
- Shea Butter – contains allantoin, a natural healing substance
- Jojaba Oil – softens on contact, contains same properties as natural skin oils
- Glycerin – a natural substance that binds moisture to the skin
- Beeswax – non-allergenic, has anti-bacterial/anti-inflammatory properties, creates a long lasting barrier to the elements
- Vitamin E – antioxidant with powerful moisturizing properties
- Coconut Oil – natural moisturizer